Log in to any of these apps here!

Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Here it is....my review of Family night.

In attendance were; Pammy, Paulie, Debbie, Heather, Yvonne, and I.


We ended up seeing the movies on screen #3; "Pineapple Express" & "Step Brothers". We were able to sit outside for the entire movie(Pineapple Express" and for the most part it was a very funny movie. A modern day slap stick if you will about a dope dealer and his customer who become best friends only to find themselves almost dead with his suppliers. Made for some very funny moments, especially when they were high and in the woods!!!

"Step Brothers" was not as funny in fact a bit raunchy for most of us. Repeating the "F-" word more times than I have heard since high school! It's about 2 men who still live at home with their single parents at age 39/40 and their parents hook-up and get married. The two men become step brothers and let's just say that they don't quite get along at first. It did make for some funny moments too but due to the lateness and the repeated vulgarities, we ended up leaving after about an hour.

Overall though we had a great time and look forward to this again. I am thinking maybe a cabin party next....what do you all think????

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to agree word for word what jing said. But over all- i really enjoyed spending time with my family. It doesn't matter to me what we do... ok, the movies did stink... but there were some funnies in them. :-) I think a cabin thing would be awesome .. we should look into Farehavin (sp?) park and rent a cabin for a week.. we could all come and go as needed! How much fun would that be?????

debadee said...

Well, it looks like I have to agree with both Jim and Heather. I really had a good time with the family and the 1st movie was better than the 2nd (not by much,lol)but time with family is always well spent. Let's try maybe doing this every so often, but something different each time. Good thing Leesh didn't come with Sammy Jo! I would have been plugging her ears for most of the evening, shush!

Anonymous said...

I agree with all of the above!! I really like the idea of the cabin. That would be a great fall thing. We have to grab one quick if thats what we all would like to do. It could just be for a day and doesn't have to be for a week.

Jim (Jimbo) (Jing) said...

Yes a Cabin for a day would be nice!! I had a dream once that we all were in a cabin and it was cold out of doors and when we lit a fire in the fireplace all of the bee's came in to sting us all over!! They were crazy nasty Bee's too! "Fwhit-In", "Kee-ya" Dhank you!

Anonymous said...

That sounds all too familiar!! Like I've been there before.